Thursday, May 22, 2008

Jungle and Arusha Market = DANK

Arusha Market. Stinkiest place I've ever been in my life also the scariest. We had to walk through it to get the fabric for our skirts and it was amazing and horrible at the same time.

Jungle. So DANK. We went on an 8 hour hike today. Down and up the steepest hills I've ever seen. Possibly 80degree angles. Also the muddiest place I've ever been. Also the most beautiful. I stood behind the tallest waterfall I've ever seen. Beautiful plants, monkies and other cool things.

Catholic Hostel. Not dank. Very boring and quiet. But, we're moving to a place we have all to ourselves which will be exciting.

Cars. NOT DANK. They will RUN YOU OVER no questions asked.

BIKES also not dank. They will try to run you over.

Skirts. SO DANK - they're called congas and they cost about 5 dollars and they come in the most beautiful patterns I've ever seen.

ICTR - SO DANK. the trials for the Rwanda genocide are held here.

4 comments:

cassalyn said...

rockin' the superlatives i see. it was a big joke in the czech, the other students kept teasing us americans because we used 'the most superlatives everrr!'
thanks for writing, sorry about the slowest computers ever.
rock on.
love

cassalyn said...

i think you mentioned you hiked near here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Meru,_Tanzania

Justin Adler said...

Really impressing me with the blogging. The whole dank thing is just genius.

E.C. Mendenhall said...

You have no idea how much I appreciate the dank v. not-dank updates. Even if it eventually runs out of steam, I hope to see a regular "dankest of the week" feature.

Glad to hear, on the whole, things are pretty darn dank. I think you're winning the coolest summer competition so far.